About Us  

Pendomer House Bed and Breakfast Garden View

The house was built in 1857 as a rectory by the Helyar family of East Coker for a Helyar who was rector of Pendomer and Sutton Bingham. A census in 1881 stated the population of Pendomer to be sixty nine persons. The present owners are still in possession of the original architect’s plans and drawings for the house, some of which are framed and hanging in the downstairs cloakroom. The house, which is still referred to as ‘The Old Rectory’ by local people, remained a rectory until 1959 when it was bought by the Vessey family who made a number of alterations.

The present owners bought Pendomer in 1996 and since then the house has been significantly restored and refurbished and the garden has been extended and developed. In 2004, Coldstream Wood, a seven acre plantation of indigenous trees, was planted and guests are welcome to walk in it.

 
Pendomer House garden view
 
Caroline and Edward Armitstead
   

Views over Pendomer House Fields